Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Been feeling a little poetic today, must have been the really lax office environment which I am sitting in right now. Alright, can't say that I've been lazy, just that there just isn't anything to do at the moment.

Apart from writing poems *smiles* right.

And this is written for a friend, whom had left me for another far away place quite sometime ago...

The Fight, for you

Sounds of the other side tugs at me
I feel the fight sip out of me
Could I not stop this slide?
Staring at him as I look inside
The anger simmers within, the bell rings twice for it to end.
I could not fall to him, as I sought to fight to the bitter end.
I asked myself for what I seek
Desire I say, is what I need
Not too soon in gasping breaths, tore myself off tired clasps.
He raised his arms in mocking scorn, taunting my efforts as futile moans.
The fists connect in crackling thunder
Hot blood spew as sinews torn asunder.
Aspirations fulfilled with elations I felt
The raging anger deflated like felt
The thoughts retained... reminding myself what I’ve won
The glory attained... with blood, and strength well worn.
I knew not for which I cried,
Yet, you knew I fought, not for wounded pride
The questions answered in simple light
Resilience, hope, and strength portrayed
Defending honor as dignity dictates.
And for you my love,
Where death forbade.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home